01. Which ministry has notified ‘Rules of Transaction of Business’ for the UT of Jammu & Kashmir recently?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Finance
3) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
4) Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
5) Ministry of Minority Affairs
02. How much was the amount extended by Japan to India as emergency loan to fight COVID-19 pandemic?
1) JP¥ 25 Billion
2) JP¥ 100 Billion
3) JP¥ 10 Billion
4) JP¥ 75 Billion
5) JP¥ 50 Billion
03. Which among the following countries agreed to launch a trilateral Supply Chain Resilience Initiative (SCRI) in the Indo-Pacific region.
2) India-United States-Australia
3) India-United Kingdom-Japan
5) None of the Above
04. Which country plans to unveil the bronze statue of DrDwarkanathKotnis?
3) United Kingdom
05. Who launched the “Chhavni COVID: Yodha Sanrakshan Yojana” recently?
1) Rajnath Singh
2) Jitendra Singh
4) Ram Vilas Paswan
5) Dharmendra Pradhan
06. European investment bank plans to invest € 650 Million for the 1st metro line of which city?
07. According to the Report titled, “Fraud & Risk Management in Digital Payments” released by Data Security Council of India and PayPal, what will be the worth of e-commerce market in India by 2026?
1) USD 200 billion
2) USD 100 billion
3) USD 250 billion
4) USD 125 billion
5) USD 500 billion
08. What is the contraction in India’s GDP growth in Q1 of FY21 (April-June 2020) as per the data released by the National Statistical Office?
09. As per the estimation of SBI Ecowrap, India’s GDPfor the FY21 is ________.
1) (-) 7.1%
2) (-) 2.5%
3) (-) 11.2%
4) (-) 13.8%
5) (-) 10.9%
10. Find the person who got 6-month extension as the chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
1) M Ajit Kumar
2) Rajnish Kumar
3) Pramod Chandra Mody
4) Rahul Chaudhry
5) Sanjay Dutt
11. Hemant Khatri assumed charge as the Chairman and Managing director of which public sector company (with effect from September 1, 2020)?
1) Hindustan Shipyard limited
2) Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers
3) Hindustan Copper
4) Power Finance Corporation
5) Power Grid Corporation of India
12. Who is the chairman of the steering committee constituted by central government for green initiatives in the coal sector?
1) Vinod Paul
2) VK Saraswat
3) Anil Kumar Jain
4) Ramesh Chand
5) Amitabh Kant
13. How much crore worth contract was signed by Defence ministry with Indian companies for supply of 6 Pinaka regiments to the regiment of artillery of the Indian Army?
1) Rs. 1250 Crores
2) Rs. 2130 Crores
3) Rs. 3520 Crores
4) Rs. 2580 Crores
5) Rs. 5240 Crores
14. Which institute of CSIR has developed the world largest solar tree at Durgapur, West Bengal?
1) National Environmental Engineering Research Institute
2) Central Scientific Instruments Organisation
3) Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute
4) Central Glass Ceramic Research Institute
5) Indian Institute of Chemical Technology
15. ‘LiGo’ is the AI powered voice chatbot of which company?
1) Life Insurance Corporation of India
2) Max Life Insurance Company
3) HDFC Life Insurance Company
4) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company
5) Tata AIA Life Insurance Company
16. Name the remote-controlled medical trolley which was developed by Indian railways.
17. Who has authored the book titled ‘The Presidential Years’?
1) Ram NathGovind
3) Abdul Kalam
4) Pranab Mukherjee
5) None of the Above
18. Name the person who has written the book named “The Big Thoughts of Little Luv”.
1) Naseeruddin Shah
2) Karan Johar
3) Rishi Kapoor
5) Twinkle Khanna
19. Pranab Kumar Mukherjee who passed away recently is the _______ president of India.
20. Telugu Language Day is celebrated annually on August 29 to commemorate the birth anniversary of whom?
2) GiduguVenkata Ramamurthy
5) Bhandaru Acchamamba
21. Which Indian state observed Local Self Government Day on August 31, 2020 (launched ‘Ama Sahar’ mobile app on the occasion)?
2) West Bengal
5) Himachal Pradesh
22. Which Indian state observed Local Self Government Day on August 31, 2020 (launched ‘Ama Sahar’ mobile app on the occasion)?
2) West Bengal
5) Himachal Pradesh
01. Answer-1) Ministry of Home Affairs
Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) notified the ‘Rules of Transaction of Business’ for the Government of Union Territory (UT) of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K). The rules have been issued under the exercise of powers conferred by section 55 of the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganization Act, 2019, read with the Proclamation, dated 31st October, 2019 issued under section 73 of the said Act.If the Lieutenant Governor (LG) and Council of Ministers differ on any issue, the LG is required to refer the matter to the President and the LG will act according to the decision taken by the President.
02. Answer-5) JP¥ 50 Billion
Japan extended an Emergency Support Loan of up to 50 Billion Japanese Yen (Approximately Rs 3, 500 Crore) to support India’s response to the COVID-19 crisis. The financial support will support India’s implementation of health, medical policies and development of hospitals equipped with ICUs.This is the largest financial assistance announced by any country to support India’s response to the Covid-19 crisis.
03. Answer-1) India-Australia-Japan1) India-Australia-Japan
India, Japan and Australia agreed to launch a trilateral Supply Chain Resilience Initiative (SCRI) in the Indo-Pacific region. The initiative will help in building a resilient supply chain with focus on free, transparent trade & investment environment in the region. The initiative was decided at a virtual meeting comprising Australia’s Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment, Senator Simon Birmingham, India’s Minister of Commerce and Industry PiyushGoyal, and Japan’s Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry, Kajiyama Hiroshi.The initiative was proposed by Japan and will aim to reduce the dependency on China and counter its dominance on trade.
04. Answer-5) China
A bronze statue of Indian doctor DwarkanathKotnis, who is revered in China for his contributions during the Chinese revolution headed by its founder Mao Zedong and the World War II, would be unveiled outside a medical school in North China next month, according to the official media in Beijing. Kotnis, who hailed from Sholapur in Maharashtra came to China in 1938 as part of a five-member team of doctors sent by the Indian National Congress to help the Chinese during World War II. He joined the Communist Party of China (CPC) in 1942 and died the same year at the age of 32. The bronze statue of Kotnis, known in China as KeDihua, would be formally unveiled at the medical school at Shijiazhuang in September 2020.
05. Answer-1) Rajnath Singh
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched “Chhavni COVID: YodhaSanrakshanYojana” a group life insurance scheme through the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC), for more than 10000 employees working in the military cantonment areas across India. The insurance scheme was launched during the two-day webinar organized by the Ministry of Defenceand Directorate General of Defence Estates(DGDE) to improve the implementation of Central Sponsored Schemes(CSS) in the 62 cantonments around India at Delhi.
06. Answer-3) Kanpur
The European Investment Bank (EIB) will invest 650 million euro (€) in the construction of Kanpur’s (Uttar Pradesh) 1st city metro line. The 32.4 km urban rail line, with 18 elevated and 12 underground stations is EIB’s 2nd biggest operation outside the European Union(EU) till date. It is the 2nd metro rail project supported by the EIB in Uttar Pradesh(UP), following the €450 million investment in Lucknow metro rail system. Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (UPMRC) is the Promoter-Financial intermediary for this project.
07. Answer-1) USD 200 billion
The Report, “Fraud & Risk Management in Digital Payments” has been jointly developed by The National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM)’s Data Security Council of India (DSCI) and PayPal Payments Pvt. Ltd. (PayPal). The report gives a glimpse of growth of frauds and payment scams. It is to be noted that Online banking and digital transactions has massively grown in India due to Lockdown(COVID-19 pandemic), however, the threat landscape has also grown dynamically.The E-commerce market is anticipated to grow from USD 50 billion(in 2018) to USD 200 billion by 2026. It is expected that the internet user base will grow to 835 million by 2023 from 560 million in 2018.As per the prediction of Reserve Bank of India(RBI) the digital transactions will increase from Rs 2069 crore (about USD 280 million) in December 2018 to Rs8707 crore (approximately USD 1178 million) by December 2021.
08. Answer-3) 23.9%
In accordance with the official data released by the National Statistical Office (NSO), Union ministry of statistics and programme implementation (MoSPI) on August 31, 2020, India’s gross domestic product (GDP) contract by 23.9% (-23.9%) in April-June period quarter of 2020 due to downfall in businesses and livelihood amid COVID-19 pandemic induced nationwide lockdown restrictions.This data states slowing of consumer spending, private investments and contraction in exports in the March quarter. The growth of Indian economy in Q4 FY20 (January-March) quarter was also at the slowest pace in eight years at 3.1%. India’s real GDP fell to 26.9 lakh crore in constant terms, 23.9% lower than a year ago. Nominal GDP fell to Rs 38.08 lakh crore, 22.6% lower than the same period last year. In gross value added terms, the economy contracted 22.8%.
09. Answer-5) (-) 10.9%
The State Bank of India’s (SBI) Ecowrap report estimated that the real Gross Domestic Product(GDP) for FY21 is expected to shrink by around 10.9%(-10.9%), a decline of full year growth, against its earlier estimate of 6.8%. The report comes after India’s economy contracted by a record 23.9% in 1st (April-June) quarter of FY21. The report added that all the quarters of FY21 will exhibit negative real GDP growth.
10. Answer-3) Pramod Chandra Mody
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC), Government of India (GoI), has approved the extension of the re-appointment of Pramod Chandra Mody as Chairman, Central Board of Direct Taxes(CBDT) for 6 months with effect from September 1, 2020 to February 28, 2020 or until further orders, whichever is earlier. His term was to end on August 31, 2020.
11. Answer-1) Hindustan Shipyard limited
Retired Commodore Hemant Khatri succeeds Rear Admiral L V SaratBabu (Retd) and assumed charge as the Chairman and Managing director(CMD) of Hindustan Shipyard limited(HSL), Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, is a Miniratna public sector undertaking (PSU) of the Ministry of Defence. Previously he was serving as the Director of Strategic Projects HSL.He was appointed as the CMD of HSL was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet(ACC) on 27th May 2020 with effective from 1st September 2020 till 31st July 2025 the date of his superannuation or until further orders.
12. Answer-2) VK Saraswat
Webinar on Coal Gasification and Liquefaction was organized by Ministry of Coal and Mines which was addressed by Union Minister of Coal and Mines Pralhad Joshi along with Anil Kumar Jain, Secretary, Coal and Dr Vijay Kumar (VK) Saraswat, Member NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog. The objective behind this webinar was to discuss the road map for achieving the 100 million tonnes (MT) coal gasification target by 2030 with investments worth over Rs4 lakh crores. Notably, a Steering Committee has been constituted under the chairmanship of Dr. VK Saraswat for green initiatives in the coal sector. The webinar was attended by around 700 delegates from Government of India, Coal India Limited (CIL) and the coal sector.
13. Answer-4) Rs. 2580 Crores
Acquisition Wing of the Ministry of Defence (MoD) signed contracts with Bharat Earth Movers Ltd. (BEML), Tata Power Company Ltd. (TPCL) and Larsen & Toubro (L&T) for supply of Six Pinaka Regiments to the Regiment of Artillery of the Indian Army at an approximate cost of Rs. 2580 Crores. This decision has been taken to further boost the ‘Make in India’ initiative of the Government of India in the Defence Sector.The Six Pinaka Regiments comprises of 114 Launchers with Automated Gun Aiming & Positioning System (AGAPS) and 45 Command Posts to be procured from TPCL and M/s L&T and 330 Vehicles to be procured from BEML and their induction will be completed by 2024.
14. Answer-3) Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research – Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CSIR – CMERI) developed the world largest Solar Tree with customisable features for application in different locations and installed it in the residential colony of CMERI at Durgapur, West Bengal.
15. Answer-4) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Limited (ICICI Prudential Life) has introduced an Artificial intelligence (AI)-powered voice chatbot, ‘LiGo’, on Google Assistant. LiGo is ICICI Prudential Life’s customer service chatbot. This will enable the company’s policyholders to address their queries by simple voice commands. It provides an easy to use and convenient service touch-point for customers.
16. Answer-4) MEDBOT
Indian Railways has developed a remote-controlled medical trolley named ‘MEDBOT’ to deliver food, medicine to COVID-19 patients.At present, ‘MEDBOT’ is providing service in the Central Hospital of the Diesel Rail Engine Factory, Varanasi of Indian Railways.
17. Answer-4) Pranab Mukherjee
Pranab Mukherjee’s book ‘The Presidential Years’ will be released on his birth anniversary on 11th December. It will be a unique autobiographical account which will give the readers a bird’s eye view of the functioning of RashtrapatiBhavan from the imposition of President’s rule in Arunachal Pradesh to demonetization. It is published by Rupa Publications.
18. Answer-2) Karan Johar
Bollywood Filmmaker Karan Johar authored a children’s picture book titled “The Big Thoughts of Little Luv” inspired by his Twins Yash and Roohi. The book will be published by Juggernaut Books. The book narrates the story of the twins Luv and Kusha and features the challenges faced by the parents and the difference imposed between the boys and girls by the parents while raising them.Johar Karan released his autobiography titled “An Unsuitable Boy” in 2017.He received the Padma Shri Award (the fourth Highest Civilian Award) in the field of Arts in January 2020.
19. Answer-3) 13th
Former President and One of the Country’s Senior Most Politicians Pranab Kumar Mukherjee passed away after developing a lung infection at the Army’s Research and Referral Hospital, New Delhi, where he was admitted for a Brain Surgery. He had also tested Positive for Coronavirus. Pranab Mukherjee served as the 13th President of India from 2012-2017. He was India’s only non-Prime Minister who was the leader of the Lok Sabha.
20. Answer-2) GiduguVenkata Ramamurthy
Telugu Language Day (Telugu BhashaDinotsavam) is celebrated on August 29 every year in Andhra Pradesh(AP). The birth anniversary of GiduguVenkata Ramamurthy, a prominent Telugu writer, is celebrated as the day whose contributions, VyavaharikaBhasha or VaadukaBhasha (Colloquial language) is immense. Telugu is referred to as ‘The Italian of the East’, as Niccolò de’ Conti, the 16th century Italian explorer found that the Telugu language ends with vowels just like the Italian language.
21. Answer-1) Odisha
On August 31, 2020 Naveen Patnaik, Chief Minister of Odisha, launched two citizen-centric mobile applications Ama Sahar and Swachha Sahar Odisha on the occasion of Local Self Government Day which was observed at the LokSevaBhawan over a virtual platform. These apps enable the Urban Local Bodies(ULBs) to submit the utilisation certificates over online for the betterment of fiscal management.
22. Answer-1) Ministry of Women and Child Development
National Nutrition Week (NNW) is an annual nutrition event observed in India during the First week of September from 1st September to 7th September. The events of NNW are organised by the Food and Nutrition Board of the Ministry of Women and Child Development(WCD), Government of India to educate the importance and role of nutrition in the human body.The Food and Nutrition board of the Ministry of WCD launched the National Nutrition Week in 1982.