01. India’s largest piggery mission was launched at which state?
2) Himachal Pradesh
02.Which state government has opened the flyover named after Savarkar?
2) Tamil Nadu
5) Madhya Pradesh
03. Who among the following was appointed as the member of WHO panel for pandemic preparedness and response?
1) Geeta Narayanan
2) Balram Bhargava
3) Preeti Sudan
4) Kalpesh Sharma
5) None of the Above
04. India is contributing two teams of specialists to fortify medical facilities in UN peacekeeping operations in which country?
2) South Sudan
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)
05. India post launched 5 star villages scheme to ensure 100% rural coverage of postal schemes. Who is the present Union Minister of Communications?
1) Piyush Goyal
2) Raj Kumar Singh
3) Ravi Shankar Prasad
4) Giriraj Singh
5) Pralhad Joshi
06. Asian Development Bank signed loan agreement worth Rs 466-cr with ENGIE group for developing Raghanesda Solar Project in ‘which’ state?
07. Name the bank which plans to launch “SAFAL” a loan product for organic cotton growers.
1) State Bank of India
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Canara Bank
4) United Bank of India
5) Indian Bank
08. Which bank has started a comprehensive banking programme for start-ups named “iStartup 2.0” recently?
1) IndusInd Bank
2) IDBI Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) RBL Bank
09. What is the expected real GDP growth of India in FY21 as per the estimation of CRISIL?
1) (-) 5%
2) (-) 9%
3) (-) 7%
4) (-) 10%
5) (-) 12%
10. Which company has partnered with NASSCOM future skills to launch “AI classroom series” for students in India?
11. Who heads the expert committee formed by Ministry of Finance to assess impacts of waiving loan moratorium?
1) Valipe Ramagopal Rao
2) D.P. Singh
3) B Sriram
4) Ravindra H Dholakia
5) Rajiv Mehrishi
12. Who has been appointed as the celebrity advocate of United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)’s children’s rights campaign ‘For Every Child’?
1) Ranveer Singh
2) Ayushmann Khurrana
3) Radhika Apte
4) Manushi Chhillar
5) Vidya Balan
13. Which state government has won the WSIS winner prize 2020 under the e-government category?
1) West Bengal
14. Which edition of Aero India-21 will be held at Yelahanka Air Force Station, Bengaluru, Karnataka between 3-7 February 2021?
15. The _ session of World Health Organization (WHO) south east Asia region was held recently.
16. Who represented India at 17th SCO culture ministers meeting held recently?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
3) Prahlad Singh Patel
4) Narendra Singh Tomar
5) Ram Vilas Paswan
17. Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Minister of State (I/C) of Labour and Employment attended the G-20 Labour and Employment Ministers meeting recently. Which country holds the presidency of G20 for the year 2020?
5) Saudi Arabia
18. What is India’s rank in 24th edition of ‘Economic Freedom of the World: 2020 Annual Report ‘?
19. Union cabinet gives approval to increase the FDI limit in Defence sector from 49% to __ (through automatic route).
20. The Rafale aircrafts were inducted into the Indian Air Force’s 17 squadron ‘Golden Arrows’. The Rafale was manufactured by which company?
1) Lockheed Martin
3) Dassault Aviation
5) United Technologies
21. The research team from Florida University has discovered an unusual supernova, called ‘Supernova LSQ14fmg’ recently. The study was published in which journal?
1) Astronomy & Geophysics
2) The Astrophysical Journal
3) The Astronomical Journal
4) Astronomy & Astrophysics
5) Astrophysics and Space Science
22. Which IIT has launched 1st of its kind self-check Kiosk?
1) IIT Madras
2) IIT Guwahati
3) IIT Ropar
4) IIT Roorkee
5) IIT Patna
23. Dame Diana Rigg who passed away in September 2020 is a renowned __.
2) Folk Dancer
3) Pop Singer
5) Light Man
24. Who has launched a dispute resolution mechanism named ‘SAROD-Ports’ recently?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Smriti Irani
3) Mansukh L. Mandaviya
4) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
5) Raj Nath Singh
25. Where does the CSIR-Indian Institute of Toxicology Research located?
3) New Delhi
26. Where is the HQ of Asian Development Bank located?
2) New Delhi
5) New York
27. Who is the chief minister of Meghalaya?
1) Neiphiu Rio
2) Pu Zoramthanga
3) Sarbananda Sonowal
4) Conrad Kongkal Sangma
5) N. Biren Singh
28. Emmanuel Macron is the president of which country?
29. What is the constituency of Union Minister of State for Shipping (I/C) Mansukh Laxmanbhai Mandaviya?
1) Himachal Pradesh (Rajya Sabha)
2) Uttarakhand (Rajya Sabha)
3) Maharashtra (Rajya Sabha)
4) Gujarat (Rajya Sabha)
5) Madhya Pradesh (Rajya Sabha)
Answer – Explanation:
01. Answer – 4) Meghalaya
The state government of Meghalaya launched India’s Biggest Piggery Project with an outlay of Rs 209 Crores. It is being launched under the aegis of Meghalaya Livestock Enterprises Advancement Society (MLEADS) and funded by the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC). The main objective of the Piggery Mission is to reduce the annual import of Pork worth Rs 150 Crore and make Meghalaya self- sufficient (“Aatma Nirbhar”) in Pork production over the next 3 years.
02. Answer – 3) Karnataka
Karnataka Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa inaugurated a flyover named after Vinayak Damodar Savarkar on September 8. The official name of the flyover, which has been constructed on a road named after martyr Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan in north Bengaluru’s Yelahanka, is “Freedom Fighter Veer Savarkar Flyover”.
03. Answer – 3) Preeti Sudan
The World Health Organization’s independent panel for pandemic response has appointed India’s former health secretary Preeti Sudan as one of its 11 panel member across the Globe and the decision was made by the panel’s head, former New Zealand PM Helen Clarke and former Liberia President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.
04. Answer – 4) Both 1) and 2)
India is contributing two teams of specialists to fortify medical facilities in UN peacekeeping operations in South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) to meet the Covid-19 challenge, according to India’s UN mission.
05. Answer – 3) Ravi Shankar Prasad
Postman and Postal Department are a vital part of the ordinary citizen’s life. India post is doing exceptional work in the implementation of Government schemes. Now, in order to ensure universal coverage of flagship postal schemes in rural areas, on September 10, 2020, Union Minister of State for Communications, Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre has launched a scheme namely “Five Star Villages” along with Department of Post. The Union Minister of Communications– Ravi Shankar Prasad.
06. Answer – 1) Gujarat
As a part of Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) ongoing support to India’s renewable energy sector, a long term loan agreement of Rs 4.66 billion (about $65.5 million) was inked between ADB and the ENGIE group to construct and operate a 200-megawatt alternating current solar photovoltaic-based power plant at Raghanesda Solar Park in Gujarat. The agreement was signed by Principal Investment Specialist at ADB’s Private Sector Operations Department Mayank Choudhary and ENGIE group’s Head of Acquisitions, Investments, and Financial Advisory Phuntsok Wangyal. The project will be implemented by Electro Solaire Private Limited (ESPL), a special purpose vehicle owned by ENGIE with expected commission in the first half of 2021.
07. Answer – 1) State Bank of India
C.S. Setty, Managing Director(MD) of State Bank of India (SBI) informed that SBI will launch a loan product called SAFAL (Safe and Fast Agriculture Loan) during a Fintech conference rganised by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI). SAFAL is primarily focused on organic cotton growers who do not have any credit history.
08. Answer – 3) ICICI Bank
ICICI Bank launched its comprehensive banking programme for the Startups named “iStartup 2.0” which will support the requirements of the startups like regulatory assistance, analytics, staffing, acquisition and digital outreach of customers.
09. Answer – 2) (-) 9%
The latest report of the rating agency CRISIL projects India’s real GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth to contract by 9% (-9%) in FY21 (2020-2021) as COVID-19 infections are yet to peak and the government is not providing adequate direct fiscal support. Earlier in May, 2020 the rating agency projected that Indian economy will contract by 5% (-5%) in FY21.
10. Answer – 3) Microsoft
FutureSkills, an initiative of IT-ITES (Information technology – IT enabled services) Sector Skill Council National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) partnered with Microsoft to launch Artificial Intelligence (AI) Skilling initiative “AI classroom series” to skill 10 lakh students in India by 2021 to make India a global hub for AI skilled talents and create jobs through upskilling and reskilling.
11. Answer – 5) Rajiv Mehrishi
The Ministry of Finance formed a three-member expert panel headed by Rajiv Mehrishi, former comptroller and Auditor General of India to assess the impacts of the waiver of interest on the moratorium loans offered to the COVID-19 affected borrowers which ended on 31st August 2020.
12. Answer – 2) Ayushmann Khurrana
United Nations Children’s Fund(UNICEF) has appointed Bollywood Actor Ayushmann Khurrana as its celebrity advocate for children’s rights campaign, “For Every Child”. He will work towards this initiative in India. He will support UNICEF to end violence against children, especially in the present situation- COVID- 19 is increasing the risk of violence and abuse against children due to the extended lockdown and the socio- economic impacts of the pandemic. It is to be noted that recently United Nations'(UN) 1st International Dayto Protect Education from Attack was observed on September 9, 2020 to raise awareness about the importance of safeguarding schools as places of protection and safety for educators and students.
13. Answer – 1) West Bengal
In the 8th Edition World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) prize contents, Sabooj Sathi online 3.0 project of West Bengal Government won the WSIS Winner Prize 2020 under the E-government category.
14. Answer – 3) 13th
The 13th Edition of Aero India-21 will be held at Yelahanka Air Force Base, Bengaluru, Karnataka from February 3rd-7th, 2021. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched the Aero India 2021 website https://aeroindia.gov.in at New Delhi, marking it open for space-bookings.
15. Answer – 5) 73rd
The 73rd session of WHO (World Health Organization) South East Asia Region (SEAR) was hosted virtually by Thailand from Bangkok under the Chairmanship of Mr. Anutin Charnvirakul, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Health, Thailand where Indian side was represented by Union Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Minister for Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) along with Sh. Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare. Dr. Poonam Khetrapal Singh, Director WHO SEAR. This was for the first time that the entire event was held virtually due to COVID pandemic to discuss most pressing regional and global public health issues.
16. Answer – 3) Prahlad Singh Patel
Union Minister of State (MoS) (Independent Charge), Prahlad Singh Patel virtually participated in the 17th Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Culture Ministers meeting.
17. Answer – 5) Saudi Arabia
Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Minister of State (Independent Charge- I/C) of Labour and Employment attended the G-20 Labour and Employment Ministers meeting. The virtual meeting was held to discuss recent developments of the economic and labour market globally. Discussion was also made about COVID-19 and its impact. The declaration also lists the measures to ease the impact of COVID-19 on the labour market while discussing the efforts of the Saudi Presidency in developing the G20 Youth Roadmap 2025. G20: Presidency 2020– Saudi Arabia (Italian Presidency in 2021). Note: The 15th meeting of G20 will organize from 21-22 November 2020, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. First time that Saudi Arabia will hold the Presidency of the G20 with the theme “Realizing Opportunities of the 21st Century for All”.
18. Answer – 3) 105
India took the 105th position in the 24th Edition of Economic Freedom of the World: 2020 Annual Report by Canada’s Fraser Institute, which has been released in India in conjunction with Center for Civil Society, New Delhi-based think tank. The report is co-published by CATO Institute (America) with more than 70 think tanks around the world. This is the 24th edition of Economic Freedom of the World.The report is based on 2018 data. Hong Kong topped the Index with a score of 8.94, followed by Singapore (8.65) and New Zealand (8.53). This year’s publication ranks 162 countries and territories for 2018. The Report has been divided into 4 Quartiles based on the rankings.
|Rank||Country||Score (out of 10)|
19. Answer – 3) 74%
Union Cabinet led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the new Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policy in Defence Sector, thereby allowing FDI through automatic approval to be increased from 49% to 74%. The Government is planning to achieve a turnover of Rs. 1.75 lakh crore, including exports worth Rs 35, 000 crores by 2025.
20. Answer – 3) Dassault Aviation
The Five Rafale Aircrafts which arrived in India on July 29, 2020 were formally inducted into the Indian Air Force at a function held at Air Force Station, Ambala (Haryana). They were inducted into the Indian Air Force’s 17 Squadron ‘Golden Arrows’. The five aircraft include two twin seater trainer aircraft and three single seat fighter aircraft. These fighter jets are manufactured with 13 India Specific Enhancements (ISE), by Dassault Aviation, a French company.
21. Answer – 2) The Astrophysical Journal
A 37-member international research team led by Eric Hsiao, Assistant Professor of Physics in Florida State University (FSU) discovered that an unusual supernova, called Supernova LSQ14fmg was exploding. It was located one -hundred million light-years away from Earth. It is known as Type I a supernova, and more particularly, a member of the ‘super-Chandrasekhar’ group. The research was published in ‘The Astrophysical Journal’.
22. Answer – 2) IIT Guwahati
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati in collaboration with Workspace Metal Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Udaipur, has developed a self-check kiosk, it has first of its kind UV-C disinfection box capable of killing viruses/bacteria present on the surfaces of luggage, bags, keys, mobiles, wallet etc.
23. Answer – 4) Actor
Dame Diana Rigg, British Actress who was popularly known for her recent role as Olenna Tyrell in the Game of Thrones series passed away at the age of 82 after being diagnosed with cancer in March 2020. She was born in Doncaster, Northern England.
24. Answer – 3) Mansukh L. Mandaviya
Mansukh Laxmanbhai(L.) Mandaviya, Union Minister of State for Shipping (I/C) launched a dispute resolution mechanism, ‘SAROD-Ports’ (Society for Affordable Redressal of Disputes – Ports) through virtual ceremony in New Delhi, India. It was established under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. It consists of members from Indian Ports Association (IPA) and Indian Private Ports and Terminals Association (IPTTA).
25. Answer – 4) Lucknow
Recently, the National Green Tribunal (NGT) has directed the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) to lay down guidelines pertaining to disposal of cigarette and beedi butts within three months. NGT held that tobacco is undoubtedly harmful and it is mainly concerned with the manner of disposal of cigarette and beedi butts. A study conducted by the Lucknow based CSIR – Indian Institute of Toxicology Research (IITR) approves the CPCB report and holds that the concentration of various parameters analysed is lower than the prescribed limits and will not be toxic.
26. Answer – 3) Mandaluyong
The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines.
27. Answer – 4) Conrad Kongkal Sangma
Conrad K Sangma is the present Chief Minister of Meghalaya.
28. Answer – 5) France
Emmanuel Macron is the president of which country of France.
29. Answer – 4) Gujarat (Rajya Sabha)
The constituency of Union Minister of State for Shipping (I/C) Mansukh Laxmanbhai Mandaviya is Gujarat (Rajya Sabha).