DSME Device Test Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Device Test Engineer in our DSME team in Bangalore.
Dell’s reputation for delivering award-winning hardware is legendary and our Hardware Engineering team is at the heart of it. We design and develop analogue as well as digital hardware products – not just computer or network hardware devices but peripherals too. Recognized for our high level of technical expertise in a variety of engineering disciplines, we’re involved across the development lifecycle – from research to the building, testing and delivery of completed products. Innovators in our field, we lead the way in exploring new concepts, approaches, processes, materials and components.
- Responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of the multiple drive and storage media qualifications
- Executing functional and non-functional test suites with the purpose of maintaining existing application, uncovering defects present in disk drive firmware.
- Supplier management; communicating and providing feedback to suppliers on the needs and expectations of DELL EMC.
- Developing new test application in C/C++ language and completing automated tests including Server Side scripts using Perl, CLIs & APIs
- Develops acceleration and analytical methods and processes to enhance and ensure the reliability and quality of new and existing products.
- Analyze failure reports and makes recommendations to improve existing processes
- Degree in Engineering/Computing or relevant discipline
- Knowledge of programming languages Python, C/C++ or Pearl
- Knowledge of UNIX and Windows Server Platforms
- Understanding of Cloud Computing and Virtualization
- Demonstrate successful history of project work completion showing ability to work in a fast paced environment, and meet deadlines under pressure
- Proven ability to take ownership and work on own initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication ability
- Understanding of the various disk drive architecture (Hard Disk Drive and Solid State Drive) and protocols (FC, SCSI, SAS, SATA, PCIe/NVMe) is an advantage
Apply : Click Here