Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) hereinafter referred to as ‘Authority’ is a statutory body under Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.It invites applications on Direct Recruitment basis from dynamic and motivated candidates looking for exciting career opportunities in Food Regulatory System.
Candidates to Ensure their Eligibility for the Posts
1) All candidates applying for the posts with the requisite fee/intimation charges on the basis of the information furnished in the online application and shall determine the
candidates’ eligibility only at the final stage of selection i.e. interview or document verification stage.
2)Relaxation in CTC criteria for candidates of EWS category is pending for a decision of the Govt and the decision in this regard would be disseminated through addendum later.The candidates are expected to be aware through the website of FSSAI for any update in this regard
Relaxation on upper age limit
- 5 years for SC/ST Candidates
- 3 years for OBC candidates
- 10 years for PWD candidates (13 years for OBC, 15 years for SC/ST)
- Others as per Govt rules.
SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION
|Salary||Level 4 to 10|
|Job location||New Delhi|
Detailed eligibility for recruitment
1]Food analyst :-Master’s degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry or Microbiology or Dairy Chemistry or Food Technology, Food and Nutrition or Bachelor of Technology in Dairy or Oil or degree in Veterinary Sciences from a university established in India by law or is an associate of the Institution of Chemists (India) by examination in the section of Food Analysts conducted by the Institution of Chemists (India) or any other equivalent qualification recognized and notified by the Central government for such purposes.Also should have experience of 3 years and better analyzation of food .
2]Technical officer :-
- Master Degree from a recognized University or Institution in Chemistry or Biochemistry or Food Technology or Food Science & Technology or Food & Nutrition or Edible Oil Technology or Microbiology or Dairy Technology or Agricultural or horticultural Sciences or Industrial Microbiology or Toxicology or Public Health or Life Science or Biotechnology or Fruit & Vegetable Technology or Food Safety & Quality Assurance …..OR
- PG Diploma of at least one year duration in Food Safety or Food Science or Food Processing or Quality Assurance in Food sector or Dietetic and Public Health or Nutrition or Dairy Science or Bakery Science or Post Harvest Technology from a Govt. recognized University/ Institute with a condition that candidates who have completed these PG Diploma courses, must have studied anyone of following subjects at their Bachelor’s degree level i.e. Chemistry or Biochemistry or Food Technology or Food Science & Technology or Food & Nutrition or Edible Oil Technology or Microbiology or Dairy Technology or Agricultural or horticultural Sciences or Industrial Microbiology or Toxicology or Public Health or Life Science or Biotechnology or Fruit & Vegetable Technology or Food Safety & Quality Assurance or Food Processing Technology or Fruit & Vegetable or Medicine or Veterinary sciences or Fisheries or Animal Sciences…… OR
- BE or B.Tech in Food Technology or Dairy Technology or Biotechnology or Oil Technology or Food Process Engineering or Food Processing Technology or Fruit & Vegetable Technology or Food Safety & Quality Assurance or Bachelor’s degree (not less than four years duration) in Medicine or Veterinary sciences or Fisheries or Animal Sciences.
3]Central food safety officer:-Degree in Food Technology or Dairy Technology or Biotechnology or Oil Technology or Agricultural Science or Veterinary Sciences or Bio-Chemistry or Microbiology or Master’s Degree in Chemistry or degree in medicine from a recognized University OR any other equivalent or recognized qualification notified by the Central Government.
4]Assistant :-Bachelors degree from identified university or institution
5]Junior Assistant Grade-I:-12 or equivalent qualification from identified institution
(a) Masters degree from a recognized University in Hindi with English as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level…….OR
(b) Master’s degree from a recognized University in English with Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level…..OR
(c) Master’s degree from a recognized University in any subject other than Hindi or English, with Hindi medium and English as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level….OR
(d) Master’s degree from a recognized University in any subject other than Hindi or English, with English medium and Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level….OR
(e) Master’s Degree from a recognized University in any subject other than Hindi or English, with Hindi and English as compulsory or elective subjects or either of the two as a medium of examination and the other as a compulsory or elective subject at degree level And Recognized Diploma or Certificate course in translation from Hindi to English and vice versa or two years’ experience of translation work from Hindi to English and vice versa in Central or State Government office, including Government of India Undertaking.
7]Personal Assistant :-
Bachelor’s Degree from a known University or Institution with proficiency in shorthand (80 WPM) and typing (40 WPM – English) and/ or (35 WPM Hindi)..and also Should be computer literate and proficient in using MS Office and internet etc..Diploma or certificate in office management and secretarial procedure or equivalent from a recognized or reputed institution
8]Assistant Manager (IT):-
B. Tech or M. Tech in Computer Science or any other relevant Engineering Discipline or MCA or Bachelor’s Degree in Relevant field…5 Years of total experience. Minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field
Bachelor’s Degree with at least one year PG Diploma/Degree in Computer Application or Information Technology or equivalent degree in relevant field…OR
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Application or equivalent degree in relevant field.
Post Graduate Degree or Diploma (Full Time courses) in journalism or Mass communication OR Public Relation from a recognized university or Institute
OR….Post Graduate Degree or Diploma in Social Work or psychology or Labour and Social Welfare from a recognized university or Institute OR… Bachelor’s degree in Library Sciences or Library and Information Science of a recognized University or Institute Two years professional experience in a Library under Central or State Govt. Or… Autonomous Statutory Organisation or Public Sector Undertaking or University
Pay Scale details:
- Food Analyst – Level 10
- Technical Officer – Level 7
- Central Food Safety Officer (CFSO) – Level 7
- Assistant Manager (IT) – Level 7
- Assistant Manager – Level 7
- Assistant – Level 6
- Hindi Translator – Level 6
- Personal Assistant – Level 6
- IT Assistant – Level 6
- Junior Assistant Grade- 1 – Level 4
The selection process will be based on the
- Assistant Director/Dy Manager/Administrative Officer – Written Examination & Interview.
- For Others (Technical Officer/Assistant Manager/Central Food Safety Officer/ Assistant/ Hindi Translator/ IT Assistant/Junior Assistant): Written Examination
- Personal Assistant: Written Examination and Skill Test
For GEN/OBC/… Application +Intimation charges …1000+500=1500 Rs.
For SC/ST/EWS/Women/Ex-Servicemen/PwBD..only intimation charges to be paid i.e..Rs.500
Notification Link : Click Here
Apply Link : Click Here
syllabus Link : Click Here