Civil Services Exam(UPSC) 2019 – UPSC invites Online Application for Civil Services Examination (Preliminary) for 896 vacancies for various Civil Services Posts. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019:
|Examination Name||Civil Services Examination|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date||18 March 2019|
|Exam Date||2 June 2019|
UPSC Civil Services Exam – Detailed Eligibility:
Educational Qualifications: A degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Age limit (As on 01.08.2019): 21 to 32 years
Relaxations in upper Age Limit:
- 5 years for SC/ST Candidates
- 3 years for OBC candidates
- 10 years for PWD candidates (13 years for OBC, 15 years for SC/ST)
- Others as per Govt rules.
UPSC Civil Services Exam Vacancies : 896 Posts
- Indian_Administrative Service.
- Indian Foreign_Service
- Indian Police Service.
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group_‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts_service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian_Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defense Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- Indian _Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
UPSC Civil Services Exam Vacancies
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defense Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service Group ‘A’.
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’
UPSC Civil Services Exam – Selection process:
The competitive examination comprises two successive stages :
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the selection of candidates for Main Examination; and
- Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts.
- The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks.
- This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only; the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
- For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- The question papers will be in Hindi and English.
- Each paper will be of two hours duration.
Minimum qualifying marks: The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- The Main Examination will consist of written examination and an interview test.
- The written examination will consist of 9 papers of conventional essay type in the subjects set out in sub-section (B) of Section II out of which two papers will be of qualifying in nature.
- Section II (B) Marks obtained for all the compulsory papers (Paper-I to Paper-VII) and Marks obtained in Interview for Personality Test will be counted for ranking.
UPSC Civil Services Exam – Scheme of Main Examination
- Paper-A (One of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidate) – 300 Marks
- Paper-B (English) – 300 Marks
Papers to be counted for merit:
|Paper-I (Essay)||250 Marks|
(General Studies -II)
(General Studies -III)
(General Studies -IV)
(Optional Subject – Paper 1)
(Optional Subject – Paper 2)
|Sub Total (Written test)||1750 Marks|
|Personality Test||275 Marks|
|Grand Total||2025 Marks|
Application Fee: Rs. 100/- (No fee for SC/ST/PH/Female candidates)
Mode of Payment:
- Offline mode by remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or
- Online mode by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
How to apply for Civil Services UPSC Exam 2019?
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this position in online latest by 18 March 2019.
- Starting date for submission of Online Application: 19.02.2019
- Closing date for submission of Online Application: 18.03.2019
- The last date for payment of Application Fee (Pay by Cash): 17.03.2019
- The last date for payment of Application Fee (Online Payment) : 18.03.2019
- Available of e-Admit Card in UPSC Website: Three weeks before the commencement of the examination
- Date of Preliminary Examination: 2nd June 2019