In this program, you can learn about Plasma (matter in an ionized state) and its applications in nuclear fusion and industries. The course comprises of lectures on plasma science, nuclear fusion and industrial technologies and a short project related to Plasma Science/Technology. The participants will have to work on a specific project in association with a faculty member of the institute.
The Summer School Program of the Institute for Plasma Research (IPR) will be held from 01st June 2020 to 10th July 2020. If you are interested in pursuing a research career in Physics and Technology after your M. Sc / B.E. / B.Tech, here is an opportunity to spend six weeks of your summer vacation at IPR.
If selected, you will be paid a stipend of Rs.10,500/- for the entire period and a to and fro train fare (3rd AC) by the shortest route. You will also be provided with free hostel accommodation (limited seats are available and priority will be given to the outstation students for the accommodation) during this period.
How to apply: Visit our website www.ipr.res.in and fill out the online application available under Online Application icon. On successful submission of the online form, you will receive an email with your filled up application form as an attachment. Take a print of that attached document. Send us the hard copy of the same, duly signed and forwarded by the head of your institution or department and along with the photocopies of all the required mark sheets and supporting documents relevant to your honors and medals through postal mail on or before 11th March 2020 to the following address:
To, The Chairman
Institute for Plasma Research,
Near Indira Bridge, Bhat, Gandhinagar – 382 428, Gujarat
● Read the instruction carefully before submitting the online application form.
● Only those students who will be completing their BE/B.Tech/M.Sc in 2021 are eligible to apply.
● Only Online submission does not complete the application procedure. Hard copy of the e-mail attachment received by you on successful completion of online submission has to be mailed to us by post along with the photocopies of all relevant documents.
● Application received without the signature and seal of the head of the Institution/ Department will not be considered for selection. In proof of your academic performance, attach all the photocopies of mark sheets and supporting documents relevant to your honors and medals along with the application form.
● Candidates are requested to provide their own valid mobile number during filling up the form. It will be a unique reference number for the candidates.
● Kindly take extra care in filling up the “Accommodation required” column of the online form. IPR will not entertain any request for change of accommodation after the online submission.
● List of selected candidates will appear on IPR website tentatively in the second week of April 2020.
● Candidate selected for SSP-2020 will receive an Email (on the email addresses as given in their respective online application forms) and/or a hard copy of the offer letter by speed post (on the postal addresses as given in their respective online application forms) regarding their selection.
● Please note that no request will be entertained for late joining and early leaving of the SSP program.
● The Summer Trainees should indemnify IPR of any unforeseen incidents, etc. and IPR will not be responsible for the same.
● For clarifications regarding the program and the application procedures, (if any) please contact, Chairman – Summer School 2020. By email: [email protected] ;
Notification : Click Here
Apply : Click Here